Contingent Workforce Management
On behalf of our Public Sector client, Wirehead has a new contract opportunity for a Senior Project Manager.
Client: Government MoH
Role: Senior Project Manager
Term: 16 Months + extension
Pay Rate: Open
Start date: 2-3 weeks
Location: Hybrid – 5700 Yonge St.
Req ID: 6226
Requirements: What you’ll need
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
Manage a business transformation initiative, applying both project management and organizational and people change management theories, methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques.
· Act as a change agent for a large-scale multi-year initiative by researching data and conducting change management analysis.
· Develop, recommend and execute on implementation strategies through all of the project phases.
· Create and manage the assigned work packages within the overall project plan, including all business implementation and training components, documents and reports
· Participate in steering committee and stakeholder forums.
· Provide project, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels
· Proactively identify risks and issues pertaining to the assigned work package; report the risks and issues to the overall Project Champions, and the Portfolio Team. Identify mitigation strategies and responses to the issues and risks
· Adhere to OPS I& IT standards and best practices for project and change management, to facilitate control of system quality and adherence to standard methodology.
· Work with I&IT teams to successfully negotiate and deliver mutually beneficial multi-year agreements for ongoing warranty, maintenance and support of the technology such as the Digital Compliance Platform.
· Ensure the development and the delivery of business cases where applicable (ie management board submissions), to seek approval for long term support & maintenance contracts with Ministry vendors
· Manage stakeholder’s interests and expectations throughout the life cycle of the project
· Ensure project implementation plans have no adverse impact to public safety operations
· Ensure a high level of fiscal control and accountability for the project budget.
· Forecast changes to the budget; communicate planned vs. actual budget as the project progresses
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Project Management Experience
· 10+ years of experience with Project Management
· Working knowledge of industry standard such as Project Management Institute (PMI)
· Demonstrated experience in Project Management methodologies, producing documentation, collaterals, and artefacts
· Demonstrated IT project management experience managing all phases (concept, definition, planning, implementation, and closeout) of large scale, complex IT projects.
· Effectively manages large project budgets and ensures a high level of fiscal control and accountability including estimates, forecasts and reconciliation/confirmation of actuals.
· Demonstrated experience gathering and developing requirements for project charters, and integrated project plans
· Demonstrated experience identifying and evaluating specific issues or risks, providing options analysis and recommending action plans to mitigate the risks
· Demonstrated experience with project management tools: MS Project, Clarity/Planview or equivalents for standard status reporting.
Change Management Experience
· 3+ years experience with organization and people change management, with demonstrated experience leading business transformation initiatives, applying organizational and people change management theories, methodologies, best practices, tools and techniques.
· Experience reviewing, developing, recommending and establishing implementation planning for all project phases.
· Ability to act as a change agent for a large-scale multi-year initiative by researching data and conducting change management analysis.
· Ability to facilitate the implementation of a program for portfolio, program and project practitioners across the OPS to foster learning and development through coaching and mentoring.
Analytical and Communication Skills
· Demonstrated experience working with a large project team
· Demonstrated experience preparing and distributing change business transformation project updates, progress reports to project stakeholder while managing expectations pertaining to people change management, implementation planning, and scope and timeline constraints
· Demonstrated experience communicating across many functional areas to actively engage project stakeholders and manage client expectations with diverse interests, technical and non- technical backgrounds using the appropriate level of political acuity and messaging for the audience.
· A team player with a track record for meeting deadlines
· Strong discipline in resolving resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, ensures knowledge is shared among team members to achieve project objectives Demonstrated experience leading presentations for senior management, stakeholders and teams
· Demonstrated experience to act independently and make decisions that achieve optimal results with minimal supervision.
· 3+ years experience with organization and people change management, with demonstrated experience leading business transformation initiatives, applying organizational and people change management theories, methodologies, best practices, tools, and techniques.
· Health or Banking/Finance and Insurance – Consulting background
· Less of a Technical PM
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity by using the Apply button or sending your resume directly to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest but advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. Rest assured that your resume will be kept on our database and will be considered for all future opportunities.
Wirehead is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let our recruiter know.
***This opportunity is in Toronto; preference will be given to local candidates. Wirehead does not offer a relocation package. We encourage you continue to refer to our Job listing page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis. Thank you again for your interest in Wirehead!