Contingent Workforce Management
On behalf of our Public Sector client, Wirehead has a new contract opportunity for a Senior Business Intelligence Specialist – ETL Developer.
Role: Senior BI Specialist – ETL Developer
Term: 6 Months + extension
Pay Rate: Open
Start date: 2-3 weeks
Location: Hybrid (315 Front St.)
Req ID: 6097
Requirements: What you’ll need
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
Design Documentation and Analysis Skills (45%)
· Demonstrated experience in creating both Functional Design Documents (FDD) & Detailed Design Documents (DDD).
· Experience in Fit-Gap analysis, system use case reviews, requirements reviews, coding exercises and reviews.
· Experience in the development and maintaining a plan to address contract deliverables, through the identification of significant milestones and expected results with weekly status reporting.
· Work with the Client & Developer(s) assigned to refine/confirm Business Requirements
· Participate in defect fixing, testing support and development activities for ETL tool. Assist with defect fixing and testing support for Power BI reports.
· Analyze and document solution complexity and interdependencies by function including providing support for data validation.
Development, Database and ETL experience (45%)
· Demonstrated experience in test case life cycle development and a number of years of practical experience (minimum 7+ years)
· Proven experience in developing in test plan, test cases for ETL projects
· Experience in testing data vault and dimensional data mart schemas
· Demonstrated experience in testing Extract, Transform & Load and development and a number of years of practical experience (minimum 7+ years)
· Experience in providing ongoing support on defect retest and regression testing
· Experience in testing data ingesting and change data capture using Golden Gate (an asset but not mandatory)
· Assist in the development of the pre-defined and adhoc reports testing
· Demonstrated experience with Oracle and Microsoft interfaces
· Proficient in SQL and Azure DevOps
· Implementing logical and physical data models
Knowledge Transfer (10%)
· The ETL tester must have previous work experience in conducting Knowledge Transfer and training sessions, ensuring the resources will receive the required knowledge to support the system. The resource must develop learning activities using review-watch-do methodology & demonstrate the ability to prepare and present.
· Development of documentation and materials as part of a review and knowledge transfer to other members
· Development and facilitation of classroom based, or virtual instructor demo led sessions for Developers
· Monitor identified milestones and submission of status reports to ensure Knowledge Transfer is fully completed
· 7+ years in ETL tools such as Microsoft SSIS, stored procedures (Must Have)
· 2+ Azure Data Lake and Data Warehouse, and building Azure Data Factory pipelines (Must Have)
· 2+ years Python (Must Have)
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity by using the Apply button or sending your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest but advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. Rest assured that your resume will be kept on our database and will be considered for all future opportunities.
Wirehead is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let our recruiter know.
***This opportunity is in Toronto; preference will be given to local candidates. Wirehead does not offer a relocation package. We encourage you continue to refer to our Job listing page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis. Thank you again for your interest in Wirehead!