Contingent Workforce Management
On behalf of our Public Sector client, Wirehead has a new contract opportunity for a Senior Project Manager.
Role: Senior Project Manager
Term: 1 Year + extension
Pay Rate: Open
Start date: Negotiable
Req ID: 6001
Requirements: What you’ll need
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
Provide leadership to high-performing teams of technical and business professionals in a matrix environment enabling agile approaches.
· Develop, monitor, and maintain project management-related artifacts
· Ensure solutions are delivered and implemented according to established methodologies and meet clients’ business requirements while remaining in line with budgets, schedules and scope
· Coordinate stakeholders’ engagement and consultation opportunities in establishing requirements and design.
· Prepare and present various briefing materials and issues notes and other materials for decision making
· Identify, manage and report on project risks and issues
· Monitor and forecast project costs and provide reporting and input to ensure targets are met
· Facilitate coordination of go-live/deployment activities.
· Facilitate coordination of transition and change management plans.
· Coordinate, monitor, report on the execution of communications, learning, and development, and corporate and field readiness across the province
· Monitor post-go-live, document lessons learned, and complete project close-out report.
· Communicate project progress clearly and timely to the management team
· Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
· Handle client relationships to manage expectations, provide updates as required, identify potential conflicts between project and functional areas and assist in conflict resolution
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
Project Management – 40%
· 10+ years experience with Project Management
· Demonstrated experience, in establishing and optimizing project management methodologies
· Demonstrated experience with implementing solutions for large IT projects.
· Extensive experience developing and managing the full range of project management artifacts and plans
· Demonstrated experience identifying issues/risks and providing the proper mitigation
· Demonstrated experience in project resource and cost management
· Demonstrated experience in Agile delivery
· Demonstrated experience with change management.
· Demonstrated experience with managing 3rd party, vendors
Technical Experience – 30%
· Demonstrated experience with tools and techniques for planning, organizing, monitoring and controlling IT projects.
· Demonstrated experience planning and leading project activities during development/testing, UAT and Production.
· Demonstrated experience in preparing and presenting complex briefing materials
· Demonstrated experience producing a variety of business documents using MS Office applications
Communication Skills – 25%
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills; oral and written communication skills; inter-personal and negotiation skills.
· Strong working experience in developing successful relationships with high level stakeholders including executives and managing 3rd party vendors.
Ontario Public Sector (OPS) Experience – 5%
· Experience with OPS Unified I & IT Project Methodology (UPM) and project gating processes would be an asset.
· Experience with OPS Architecture standards and Enterprise Architecture Review process.
· Structured PMO environment exp
· PM in Insurance, Banking, environment is ideal.
· Managing teams internally
· Project resource and cost management
· tools and techniques for planning, organizing, monitoring, and controlling IT projects.
· DevOps tool, plan view
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity by using the Apply button or sending your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest but advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. Rest assured that your resume will be kept on our database and will be considered for all future opportunities.
Wirehead is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let our recruiter know.
***This opportunity is in Toronto; preference will be given to local candidates. Wirehead does not offer a relocation package. We encourage you continue to refer to our Job listing page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis. Thank you again for your interest in Wirehead!