Contingent Workforce Management
Role: Senior Project Manager
Term: 8 Months + extension
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Start date: ASAP
Req ID: 5811
On behalf of our Public Sector client, Wirehead has a new contract opportunity for a Senior Project Manager.
Requirements: What you’ll need
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
Provides project management on large scale, complex, high profile and high risk projects for OPS I&IT initiatives.
Ensures project deliverables meet clients’ business requirements on time, scope and budget, with a focus on cost-effectiveness, efficiencies and compliance with OPS project management methodologies and frameworks.
• Leads project planning, and funding requests.
• Gathers and develops requirements in order to create and maintain a detailed project schedule and/or integrated plan.
• Ability to monitor and forecast project costs and provide reporting and input to ensure targets are met.
• Experience developing and managing project schedules, deliverables, and scope.
• Ability to promote I&IT project management best practices and adherence to standard methodologies.
• Demonstrated experience directing project teams to ensure project deliverables are delivered on time and adhere to government and ministry standards.
• Leads user discovery and requirement analysis for complex projects.
• Extensive experience coordinating and monitoring project processes, and developing/communicating guidelines and procedures.
• Resolves resourcing and inter-personal conflicts, negotiates changes to resourcing, ensures knowledge is shared among team members such as project objectives and deliverables are met.
• Provides, project, program, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels.
• Uses appropriate strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change and capitalize on forces in support of change during all stages of projects – concept, definition, planning, implementation and close-out.
Project Management Knowledge and Skills:
• 7+ years experience managing large scale technology projects, including recent experience in managed activities across multiple engagement with conflicting priorities
• Strong knowledge of the project management life cycle, project portfolio management, and project management principles and best practices, having successfully lead waterfall and agile projects to expected outcomes.
• Experience in all phases of medium to large scale technology projects including planning, scheduling, estimation, tracking and reporting
• Experience with Agile scrum methodologies
Analytical, Problem-Solving Skills and Experience:
• Experience in managing pre-discovery phase of projects including user research, requirement analysis, project scoping, and procurement/resourcing strategies
• Previous experience in developing multi-year project plans which effectively manage complex sets of interdependencies, anticipate potential issues and roadblocks
• Experience in identification of issues impacting project outcomes, facilitation of use of alternative strategies, management and mitigation of risks
• Ability to develop appropriate performance measures for project evaluation, develop contingency plans, analyze technical quality of system, and ensure compliance of business solutions with business standards
Stakeholder Management, Consultation, Communication, and Influencing Skills:
• Expertise in establishing relationships with I&IT managers, senior client management and project stakeholder; set-up effective communication channels with client and vendor partners
• Excellent communication skills and ability to provided input to senior management on project status, risk management, and conflicts
• Experience working in an inclusive work environment and ability to collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds and skills
• Experience in influencing others by persuasion rather than authority. Demonstrated political acuity and negotiation skills to obtain buy-in from team members, senior management, and executive stakeholders.
• Experience documenting processes and technical discussions and creating relevant artifacts across different project phases
Procurement and Vendor Management Skills:
• Experience in end-to-end execution of procurement for technology initiatives, leading RFI / RFB development, posting, evaluation, findings, and recommendation. Ability to identify and engage vendor resources
• Understanding of OPS procurement processes and how to navigate multiple processes / streams of activity at the same time
• Public Sector Experience
• Knowledge and understanding of Project Management’s Institute’s Project Management Body of Knowledge
• Knowledge and understanding of Information Management principles, concepts, policies and practices
• Knowledge and understanding of Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) and related regulations and standards
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity by using the Apply button or sending your resume directly to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest but advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. Rest assured that your resume will be kept on our database and will be considered for all future opportunities.
***This opportunity is in Toronto; preference will be given to local candidates. Wirehead does not offer a relocation package. We encourage you continue to refer to our Job listing page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis. Thank you again for your interest in Wirehead!