Contingent Workforce Management
Location: Toronto (hybrid)
Role: Senior BI Business Intelligence Specialist
Term: 150 working days + extension
Start date: 2/3 weeks
Req ID: 5780
On behalf of our Government client, Wirehead has a new contract opportunity for a Senior BI Business Intelligence Specialist.
Requirements: What you’ll need
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
• Experience in Power BI software development and a number of years of practical experience (minimum 3+ years)
• Experience in other Microsoft BI stack e.g. SSAS, SSRS, SSIS
• Experience with scripting and programming
• Experience working with MS SQL Server on premise and within Azure Environment
• Experience with data-specific tasks including database management, SQL querying, data modelling, online analytical processing
• Experience with designing and mapping multi-dimensional data models, report models into business insights
• Experience building, testing and implementing complex reports, dashboards, and other objects
• Experience prototyping to develop business requirements for future implementation
• Ability to assist in the requirements gathering, analysis and subsequent developments
• Ability to conduct unit tests and assist in test preparations to ensure data integrity
• Work closely with Project Manager, UX/UI Designers, Quality Assurance Analysts and other Developers
• Experience working within an Agile software development life cycle, e.g. Scrum/Kanban
Power BI Development (25)
• Demonstrated experience in Power BI software development and a number of years of practical experience (minimum 3+ years)
• Experience in development of data marts in Power BI
• Building data models optimized for business intelligence and analytic functions
Data Injection (25)
• Demonstrated experience in Extract, Transform & Load software development and a number of years of practical experience (minimum 8+ years)
• Experience in Informatica/SISS and ETL/ELT
• Development of pre-defined and ad hoc reports and meet coding and accessibility (WCAG 2.0) requirements
Design Documentation and Analysis Skills (25)
• Demonstrated experience in creating data documentation about algorithms, parameters, models using standard approaches e.g. Functional Design Documents (FDD) & Detailed Design Documents (DDD).
• Experience in Fit-Gap analysis, system use case reviews, requirements reviews, coding exercises, and reviews
• Experience in the development and maintaining a plan to address contract deliverables, through the identification of significant milestones and expected results with weekly status reporting.
• Work with the Client, Designer(s) & Developer(s) assigned to refine/confirm Business Requirements
• Analyze and document solution complexity and interdependencies by function / track for purpose of effort and cost estimation.
• Conduct research and prototyping of new business intelligence and analytics capabilities to support OPS business requirements
• Analyze, Design, Build and Test databases based on business requirements
• Analyze, Design, Build and Test Reports, Dashboards and other objects
• Design functional test and technical deployment strategies
Database and Cloud Related (20)
• Demonstrated experience with T-SQL Server databases
• Experience with Microsoft Azure services such as Power Apps, Azure Database, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Synapse, Customer Voice, etc.
• 3+ years using Power BI software development, including using DAX queries and functions
• Microsoft Azure services such as Power Apps, Power Automate, Azure Database, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Synapse, Customer Voice, etc.
• SQL Server
• Ability to translate wireframes, lo-fidelity and high-fidelity prototypes and business requirements into technical tasks towards functional reporting products or dashboards
• Ability to present technical requirements to the business
• Familiarity with accessibility compliance, usability testing e.g. AODA, WCAG 2.0
Nice to Have:
• Some knowledge of user interface design and user interaction design is an asset but not required.
• Knowledge of Golden Gate is an asset but not required.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity by using the Apply button or sending your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest but advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. Rest assured that your resume will be kept on our database and will be considered for all future opportunities.
***This opportunity is in Toronto; preference will be given to local candidates. Wirehead does not offer a relocation package. We encourage you continue to refer to our Job listing page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis. Thank you again for your interest in Wirehead!