Contingent Workforce Management
Location: Toronto (hybrid)
Role: Senior Project Manager
Term: 140 working days + extension
Start date: 2/3 weeks
Req ID: 5775
On behalf of our Government client, Wirehead has a new contract opportunity for a Senior Project Manager.
Requirements: What you’ll need
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
• Minimum 10+ years of experience as a Project Manager
• Advanced knowledge of project management principles, methods and techniques
• Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
• Proven experience facilitation of client meetings/workshops, interpretation of business needs to technical requirements
• Experience creating and documenting project plans and status reports
• Experience managing privacy and security deliverables
• Experience with Agile development concepts and methodologies
• Experience leading technical teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills (clear & concise)
• Advanced skills in Office365, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office, and Visio, and Planview
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks and deliver within extremely tight deadlines
• Previous government experience is an asset
• Experience with requirements development involving requirements elicitation, analysis, specification and validation
• Excellent facilitation, presentation, time-management and problem-solving skills.
• Able to build strong and trusting relationships, liaising effectively stakeholders
• Able to resolve issues in a timely manner, provide options and recommendations.
• Strong research skills to perform industry research, provide options and make recommendations for solution improvements.
Evaluation Criteria Skill Set Requirements
Project Management Skills (40%):
• Expertise in applying project management theory, methodologies and techniques to provide overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of projects ensuring consistency with enterprise mandate, objectives and strategies.
• Knowledge of issues management, communication and change management principles to assist clients and stakeholders with change management activities.
• Experience developing and managing complex projects, estimating resources and preparing/presenting submissions for approval.
• Knowledge of IT systems, tools and databases to develop comprehensive implementation plans.
Leadership and Political Acuity (20%):
• Leadership skills to set direction and manage projects, activities and team members throughout the different project phases towards successful completion.
• Well developed organization and planning skills to manage a number of complex and concurrent issues while continuing to deliver results.
• Knowledge of project management and in-depth knowledge of task estimation, scheduling and control to prepare project plans and provide guidance.
• Political acuity to deal with sensitive situations, to work strategically with government stakeholders and develop appropriate responses to ensure projects reflect the overall enterprise objectives and priorities.
Analytical and Strategic Thinking Skills (20%):
• Strong analytical and conceptualization skills to deliver , combined with proven skills and experience in change management, project management and issues management.
• Research and problem solving skills to scan the organizational environment, analyze data, identify and assess emerging trends and develop options to strategically manage complex issues and files.
• Ability to think holistically and horizontally about business problems and opportunities and ensure strategic alignment between cross-functional programs/activities.
Communications and Relationship Management Skills (20%):
• Excellent communication skills to clearly articulate project vision, facilitate discussions/negotiations, prepare written briefings, presentations and other project related materials.
• Negotiation skills to influence others and find collaborative solutions to complex high-profile issues.
• Ability to build relationships to oversee cross-organizational consultation processes that involve internal and external stakeholders and consultation and collaboration skills to cultivate effective relationships, influence change and bring initiatives to successful conclusion.
• Emotionally intelligent communicator who can engage in tough conversations while remaining calm and unbiased.
• Advanced Office365, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Project, Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Visio
• IT related field experience
• Database migration experience
• Oracle, Java experience
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity by using the Apply button or sending your resume directly to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest but advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. Rest assured that your resume will be kept on our database and will be considered for all future opportunities.
***This opportunity is in Toronto; preference will be given to local candidates. Wirehead does not offer a relocation package. We encourage you continue to refer to our Job listing page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis. Thank you again for your interest in Wirehead!
Tagged as: government, oracle, PMP