Contingent Workforce Management
Role: Senior Product/Project Manager
Term: 8 Months + extension
Pay Rate: Negotiable
Start date: ASAP
Req ID: 5601
On behalf of our Public Sector client, Wirehead has a new contract opportunity for a Senior Product/Project Manager.
Requirements: What you’ll need
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
The Senior PM will be working on multiple projects and will be responsible to end-to-end delivery of digital products.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• End-to-end delivery of digital solutions using modern technologies
• Backoffice Salesforce Public Sector Foundation Solutions including improved approval workflows, KPI & statistical reports, data migration, decommissioning of old systems and other planned enhancements
• Delivery of AgriSuite Agricultural Erosion Controls Structures (AgErosion) to existing AgriSuite ; Investigate options for integrating mapping functionality currently available in AgMaps into AgriSuite as required by the AgErosion decision support tool, and other planned enhancements
• Responsible for leading Agile delivery using scrum framework
• Project planning, budgeting, Charter development, execution, team management, vendor management, stakeholder communications including Project Steering Committee status updates, project risks and issues with mitigations and fall back plans, Financial updates with forecasts and plan and conduct Agile ceremonies.
• Ability to gather and develop requirements in order to create and maintain a detailed project schedule and/or integrated plan.
• Ability to monitor and forecast project costs and provide reporting and input to ensure targets are met
• Experience developing and managing project schedules, deliverables, and scope
• Ability to promote I&IT project management best practices and adherence to standard methodologies
• Demonstrated experience directing project teams to ensure project deliverables are delivered on time and adhere to government and ministry standards
• Extensive experience coordinating and monitoring project processes, and developing/communicating guidelines and procedures
• Ability to handle client relationships to manage expectations, provides updates as required, identifies potential conflicts between project and functional areas
Preferred Must Haves:
• PMP certified, 10+ years of project management experience with 3+ years of experience in managing / implementing SaaS (Salesforce Cloud) solutions and 5+ years of experience in managing / implementing in custom Java/Angular based applications
• Demonstrated experience in delivering large scale projects with a budget above $2M
• Experience providing senior technical expertise, project leadership and coordination of activities in the development, implementation and maintenance of technologies desired for large scale projects
• Strong knowledge about Ontario I&IT Procurement directives and processes, ability to draft procurement approvals, decision notes and award documentation
• Experience developing project / sprint plans and managing project schedules, deliverables, and scope as per set expectations
• Experience and knowledge of the Ontario Digital Service Standard, Ontario Service Design Playbook and the Digital First Assessment product delivery approach (Pre-Discovery, Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Live) and/or similar digital standards and tools
• Experience with DevOps, Microsoft tools including Visio and Project and Miro boards
• Knowledge and understanding of digital product development, implementation and management
• Experience in Agile, SCRUM. Lean and DevOps methodologies
• Excellent communication, client relation and presentation skills
Evaluation Criteria 100%
Criteria 1: Project/ Product Management
Criteria Points: 40%
• PMP certified, 10+ years of overall project management experience
• 3+ years of experience in managing / implementing SaaS (Salesforce Public Sector) and 5+ years of experience in managing / implementing custom Java/Angular based applications
• Strong technical knowledge in both technology stack areas with ability to provide strategic guidance to development teams in resolving technical roadblocks, options analysis and aligning design / architecture vision with Product roadmap
• Ability to create and maintain a product road map and product backlogs, providing senior technical expertise, project leadership and coordination of activities in the development, implementation and maintenance of large scale IT projects
• Demonstrated experience with identification to risk events and issues before they occur so that proper mitigating strategies can be developed.
• Ability to articulate and prioritize issues and risks at program management and senior executive level and recommend mitigation strategies for decision makers
• Demonstrated experience gathering and developing requirements in order to create and maintain a detailed product schedule, backlog and/or integrated plan
• Demonstrated experience with product program, and/or portfolio reporting to multi-stakeholders at senior executive levels
Criteria 2: Relationship Management and Communication
Criteria Points: 30%
• Demonstrated experience in communication and mediation skills with business teams and core team members to ensure Client products are progressing according to schedule or product road map
• Demonstrated experience in team building, consensus building and relationship management skills
• Demonstrated experience with strategies and actions to overcome resistance to change and capitalize on forces in support of change during all stages of products – Discovery, Alpha, Beta, Live or similar delivery methodologies
• Demonstrated experience in negotiating with business stakeholders on functional design issues and detailed solution design sessions, negotiating on issues for production
• Demonstrated experience in documenting project status reports, project tracking for resources, finances, progress, issues and risks
Criteria 3: Technical Skills
Criteria 3 Points: 25%
• PMP Certification
• Demonstrated experience in both technology stack as mentioned in the job description
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in:
• Online collaboration tools such as MIRO, DevOPS, Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Teams
• Ontario Digital Service Design Playbook for digital product development, implementation and management
• Ontario Disability Act and Ontario Design Systems – with ability to guide development team in these areas
• Experience in providing strategic guidance and advice in meeting current business requirements while establishing a solution design that can be readily extended as additional functionality is onboarded in future project(s)
• Ability to delivery on a product with a balanced team (product owner, user experience designers, developers) utilizing Agile (SCRUM) delivery methodologies.
• Demonstrated experience applying various project and product delivery methodologies such as:
• Iterative Agile
• Product management
Criteria 4: Public Sector Experience
Criteria 4 Points: 5%
• Previous experience working in Government or Public Sector organizations.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity by using the Apply button or sending your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for their interest but advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. Rest assured that your resume will be kept on our database and will be considered for all future opportunities.
***This opportunity is in Toronto; preference will be given to local candidates. Wirehead does not offer a relocation package. We encourage you continue to refer to our Job listing page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis. Thank you again for your interest in Wirehead!