Contingent Workforce Management
On behalf of our Public Sector client, Wirehead has a new contract opportunity for a Senior Program Manager.
Role: Senior Program Manager
Term: 8 Months + 1 year extension
Pay Rate: Open
Start date: Negotiable
Req ID: 5999
Requirements: What you’ll need
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
· Develop program and project plans that identify resource, time, and budgetary needs within the contracted scope.
· Advanced level subject matter expertise in contract management for a large scale, complex portfolio of interrelated contracts.
· Ability to provide strategic advice and guidance on opportunities to address complex contract challenges or vendor performance issues.
· Host program meetings with team, managers, and internal and external stakeholders.
· Provide feedback, advice, program updates and encouragement to team members.
· Track program and program milestones and assist in supporting the necessary documentation for vendor deliverable acceptance.
· Working with the client representatives and in partnership with other project managers to develop integrated plans.
· Managing deliverables and dependencies that cross multiple in-flight projects.
· Supporting the PSRN Program by proactively identifying, communicating, and managing multi-faceted client-facing risks and issues to deliver a superior customer service experience and to support efficient and effective program and project delivery.
· Interacting directly with ministry clients, business partners, and the project team(s) to develop and maintain strong ongoing relationships, always looking for opportunities to improve client satisfaction.
· Developing and presenting ministry-specific dashboards, reports, and other project management collateral.
· Proactively identifying risks and issues pertaining to the assigned work package(s), developing mitigation options, and presenting these to the overall Project Champions and the Portfolio Team.
· Establishing trust with vendors, stakeholders, and peer groups across ministries through effective relationship management.
· Creating or supporting the development/ updating of project artifacts, associated documentation, Briefing Notes, Change Requests, Contracts, Request for Bid (RFBs), etc.
· Ensuring project implementation plans have no adverse impact to public safety operations.
· Financial management of the program and project(s) as necessary or if needed.
· Developing complex network implementation and or transition and migration strategies with cross stream dependencies including vendor activities.
· Developing and implementing network implementation and or transition plans.
· Managing large-scale, complex, integrated project plans.
· Mentoring junior staff and project managers.
· Leadership aptitude: able to operate tactically and strategically, building relationships within the team and with key stakeholders.
· Demonstrated experience in managing a portfolio of interrelated contracts, applying scope and able to articulate / negotiate intent, as well as being able to communicate how all contracts form the baseline of the program.
· Experience providing advice to staff and management on tactical approaches to contract management and interpretation.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills.
· Problem solver: ability to quickly identify and analyze risks, issues, and problems, develop mitigation options and make appropriate recommendations for resolution.
· Experience facilitating effective meetings; creating and maintaining associated documents including minutes, action items, RACI charts, risk logs, critical path, etc.
Program Management Skills
· In-depth knowledge of, and direct experience applying all phases (concept, definition, planning, implementation, and closeout) of advanced program management concepts, practices, and procedures to a large-scale, complex, high-value projects in order to meet critical timelines.
· Able to work effectively on concurrent tasks, while also building capacity and providing opportunities for junior staff.
· A professional who can work without immediate direction while successfully informing management of required support (when needed).
· Ability to apply and interpret business rules and concepts in daily work.
· Demonstrated experience in managing program and project activities across multiple complex technology projects.
· Experience leading portfolio level planning sessions involving multiple projects across a large program while working with multiple teams to achieve program and project goals.
· Demonstrated experience leading meetings, preparing and distributing/ presenting project updates, progress reports, risk mitigations, recommendations, etc. to project stakeholders.
· Experience developing, implementing, and managing complex network transition and migration strategies.
· Ability to manage vendor commitments, provide oversight and direction to ensure contractual obligations are met.
· Experience managing interdependencies related to key contract deliverables.
· Reasonable knowledge of industry standards and methodologies
· Demonstrated experience identifying and evaluating specific issues or risks, providing options analysis, and recommending action plans to mitigate the risks.
· Demonstrated experience with standard project management tools, such as, MS Project, Clarity/Planview, Visio, MS Office Suite, SharePoint, PowerBI or equivalents.
· Experience creating and maintaining project management artefacts/project collaterals, such as, meeting minutes, project plans, briefing notes, change requests.
· Experience working with both the business users and technology / infrastructure teams.
· Excellent planning and time management skills with a focus on attention to detail.
Contract Management experience
· Strong experience as a subject matter expert in contract management in the OPS.
· Demonstrated program level of experience managing a portfolio of contracts.
· Able to negotiate contract scope effectively and can easily articulate how contracts support program scope to ensure positive outcomes with ministry partners and vendors.
· Able to provide expert level of contract management advice to senior leaders as well as being able to make strategic recommendations.
· Strong understanding of financial management and multi-year fiscal planning.
Communication and Relationship Management
· Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal. Able to succinctly articulate key project information in a politically astute manner.
· A team player with the ability to coordinate multiple tasks, empower junior staff, monitor progress, provide guidance and hit milestones.
· Able to build relationships with project partners, establish trust, and establish a common/ shared goal through effective facilitation, consultation, and interpersonal skills.
· Experience developing and presenting briefing notes, status reports, communications, team & executive presentations. Attention to detail.
Public safety radio or telecommunications infrastructure experience
· Strong experience of working on/ in public safety radio and/or the telecommunications field.
· Experience working on related large and complex projects.
· Demonstrated experience of working with multiple stakeholders in a broader public sector (BPS) environment.
· Experience of projects involving, network design, network implementation, civil structures, user equipment distribution and operations.
· Knowledge and experience both in strategic and operational public sector governance models, experience managing complex, multi-unit, multi-stakeholder, and multiple levels of public sector executive stakeholder project team,
· Demonstrated experience developing mutually beneficial relationships with public sector entities.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity by using the Apply button or sending your resume directly to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest but advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. Rest assured that your resume will be kept on our database and will be considered for all future opportunities.
Wirehead is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let our recruiter know.
***This opportunity is in Toronto; preference will be given to local candidates. Wirehead does not offer a relocation package. We encourage you continue to refer to our Job listing page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis. Thank you again for your interest in Wirehead!