Contingent Workforce Management
The Resource will act as a subject matter expert on a variety of Mainframe network maintenance and Mainframe hardware replacement and migration activities such as:
• Enabling and supporting the day to day operations of the Government of Ontario’s Mainframe networks. Planning, configuring network components for the new Mainframe processor installation, support the complex migration of existing networks from KDC to GDC onto the new Mainframe, supporting the migration of existing GDC mainframe, consolidating.
• Mainframes onto the new Mainframe hardware platform and decommissioning of network software configurations and hardware as well as supporting the existing Applications hosted on the existing Mainframes.
This position will provide Operational Support for sustaining the day-to-day operations of Mainframe Software and program products.
• Plan, configure and support installation of new Mainframe hardware platform.
• Provide migration support for Mainframe software, networking components.
• Provide decommissioning support for Mainframe software and program products.
• Daily operational changes, Incident/problem management.
• Provide on call/standby support when required. Closure of tickets in a timely manner, Keeping clients/management up to date on ticket status. Must adhere to Service Level Agreement (SLA) metrics, device maintenance. Providing technical MoP for all changes, ability to provide acquire system captures and articulate/document capture and point or root cause.
• Ability to work on Mainframe Hardware Refresh Project activities along with all keep the lights on (KTLO) activities.
1. Enterprise Tier 4 Mainframe Infrastructure experience – 30%
• 10+ years experience providing oversight to support mainframe infrastructure.
• Demonstrated experience overseeing refresh and transition activities, as well as team resources associated with the migration.
• Demonstrated experience with replacement of large enterprise complex services and hardware at large critical locations.
• Demonstrated experience and in-depth knowledge of modern Data Centre service models combined with a solid background in contemporary Data Centre approaches.
2. Recent Experience – 10%
Within 3 years.
3. Documentation and Communication Skills – 15%
• Demonstrated experience with assisting transition and refresh.
• Demonstrated experience in change management activities.
• Demonstrated ability for strong documentation and writing skills.
4. Knowledge with Mainframe Software in a support role and Project Management – 15%
Demonstrated knowledge and operational support experience with Mainframe in a large scale environment similar as the Government of Ontario and 10+ years demonstrated experience in complex projects related to data center uplifts, migrations.