Contingent Workforce Management
On behalf of our Public Sector client, Wirehead has a new contract opportunity for a Systems Admin/Operations Support Specialist.
Role: System Administrator
Term: 8 Months + extension
Pay Rate: Open
Start date: Negotiable
Req ID: 5938
Requirements: What you’ll need
Skills, Knowledge, Experience, and Qualifications
Deliverable: Systems Deployment, Operations and Management
• End to End monitoring of OPS Services and underlying infrastructure like mainframes, UNIX, Windows servers, storage and network devices 24/7/365 to ensure these are available as per defined SLAs by taking prompt necessary actions or escalating to Tier2/3 or vendors as needed. These services include critical, essential, time sensitive public facing applications, websites, systems, subsystems which are hosted in OPS Guelph, Kingston and regional data centres.
• Responding to high priority requests and Incidents. Participate in system recovery and service restoration efforts and meetings.
• Provide Operational system updates/upgrades, apply patches and address issues involved during these tasks.
• Initiating established recovery and or escalation procedures.
• Implementing Change requests for mainframe, midrange and network Platforms.
• Ensuring Service level commitments to ITS clients and stakeholders and broader public sector agencies are met.
• Participating in developing and delivering related training communications and procedural documentation.
• Participates in departmental initiatives such as Shift left and Agile monitoring.
• Participate in Yearly Systrust Audit.
• Participates in semi–Annual Disaster recovery exercises.
Experience and Skill Set Requirements
1. Experience – 10%
• 5-8+ years of demonstrated experience supporting large zOs mainframe systems.
2. Knowledge – 25%
• knowledge with Unix and Wintel servers and Network Peripherals.
• 5-8+ years of demonstrated knowledge of server OS hardware components and end to end system management.
3. Incident and Change Management – 10%
• demonstrated Incident and Change Management activities with strong documentation and communication skills.
• Demonstrated of Incident and Change Management activities.
• Demonstrated ability for strong documentation and writing skills.
• Demonstrated experience in presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
4. Knowledge of System and Application Monitoring Tools – 10%
• Demonstrated knowledge of infrastructure monitoring and performance tools.
5. Knowledge of Service Management Tools such as eSMT, CIT, Remedy and ITIL – 10%
• Demonstrated knowledge of Service Management Tools such as eSMT, CIT, Remedy and ITIL.
6. Knowledge of Communications, Collaborations and analytics tools – 5%
• demonstrated knowledge of Communications, Collaborations and analytics tools.
• Demonstrated knowledge of OS365 Suite of products and Power BI.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply for this opportunity by using the Apply button or sending your resume directly to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest but advise that only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly. Rest assured that your resume will be kept on our database and will be considered for all future opportunities.
Wirehead is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please let our recruiter know.
***This opportunity is in Toronto; preference will be given to local candidates. Wirehead does not offer a relocation package. We encourage you continue to refer to our Job listing page as new opportunities become available and updated on a regular basis. Thank you again for your interest in Wirehead!